By default, TurboLaw Cloud will be configured to save your cases and files in TurboLaw Cloud. This is the recommended configuration, as it is the simplest to use and allows you to access your cases and files no matter where you are or what computer or device you use to log in from.
However, you can choose to save files in other locations if desired - including your own local computer's hard drive.
Note: It is important to remember that when using TurboLaw Cloud, any references you see to "local drives" or "This PC" refer to TurboLaw Cloud's local drives and the "PC" which TurboLaw Cloud is hosted on. These do not refer to your local drives or your PC (or Mac, or other device).
If you want to be able to save files from TurboLaw Cloud to your own local computer, you must first explicitly make your local computer's drives or folders available to TurboLaw Cloud.
For Mac OS X Users:
- First, open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
- Then, click on your TurboLaw Cloud connection (so that it is highlighted) and click on the small pencil Edit button (or right-click/option-click and choose Edit) at the bottom-right of the preview.
- Next, click on the Local Resources tab.
- Make sure the Folders option is checked.
- Next, click on the "+" button at the bottom-left corner.
- At this point, a Finder window will appear and you can choose the folder you want to make available to TurboLaw Cloud. Whatever folder you pick will be available to you while using TurboLaw Cloud, and you can save files to this folder as well as copy files to/from this folder and any folders that are within it.
- Once you have picked a folder, click the Open button at the bottom right.
- Then, click the Save button on the previous window.
You can now connect to TurboLaw Cloud as you normally would.
For Windows PC Users:
- First, open the Remote Desktop Connection app.
- Then, click on Show Options at the bottom-left.
- Next, click on the Local Resources tab
- Next, click the More button at the bottom of the window.
- In the list that appears, expand the Drives item and then click the checkbox next to any drives you want to make available to TurboLaw Cloud (in most cases you will just want to select the drive ending in "(C:)").
- Then, click OK, and then click Connect to connect to TurboLaw Cloud.
Once you have configured your TurboLaw Cloud connection so that folders or drives from your local computer are available to TurboLaw Cloud, you'll be able to see these folders or drives in TurboLaw Cloud. If you then click on the Start menu at the lower-left corner and then click on the "This PC" tile you will see the folders from your local computer that you've made available to TurboLaw Cloud (they will under the heading "Devices and drives").
When saving a file in TurboLaw Cloud, you can choose Save As (instead of Save) and then browse to any of these new "drives" and you will see the contents of that drive or folder on your own local computer. Once you've done this, any subsequent times you click Save your file will be saved to your local computer and not to TurboLaw Cloud.
You can save files to your local computer in this way on a file-by-file basis, or even configure TurboLaw to automatically save files to your local computer - although this is not recommended, since doing this will prevent you from logging in to TurboLaw Cloud from any other computer.