When you install TurboLaw on your computer, it also adds some buttons into both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to help you when editing TurboLaw documents (since TurboLaw documents open in Word and Excel). Included in these buttons is the Edit Document button, which lets you unprotect a document and edit it. If this button does not appear for you, this article will explain how to bring it back.
For a video presentation of this article, click here to watch "How to Restore a Missing TurboLaw Toolbar."
The TurboLaw "Edit Document" button appears on the Home tab, on the far right-hand side. It appears in a section labeled "TurboLaw."
If you do not see this button, then the add-in may not be loaded in Microsoft Word. This may happen if you had Microsoft Word open when TurboLaw was installing the add-in.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Make sure that Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and TurboLaw are completely closed.
- Click on your Start menu and point to All Programs > TurboLaw > Utilities
- Click on Install Word Toolbar. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the toolbar.
The TurboLaw toolbar should now be installed. You can open Microsoft Word to check to see if the Edit Document button appears on the Home tab, on the far right-hand side.
If the above steps did not bring the toolbar back, then the add-in may be installed, but not loaded in Microsoft Word. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Word
- Click on the Office Button (the big round button in the top-left corner), or, if you have Word 2010, click the File menu
- Click on Word Options (or Options if you have Word 2010)
- From the left-hand side, click on Add-ins
- At the bottom of the window, click the drop-down box labeled Manage and select COM Add-Ins, then click Go
- In this window, make sure TurboLawToolbar is listed and is checked, then click OK
- At the bottom of the window again, click the drop-down box labeled Manage and select Disabled Items, then click Go
- If ADDIN: TurboLawToolbar is listed, select it and click Enable, then click OK
- Close and re-open Microsoft Word for the changes to take effect.
When you re-open Microsoft Word, the TurboLaw Edit Document button should appear on the Home tab, on the far right-hand side.